When seconds count, it is important that emergency services are able to find your location. If EMS, Fire, or Police are responding to your home; visible address numbers will save time and can save lives. Please inspect your address markings with a critical eye to make sure that we will be able to find your home.
While every locality has differing codes for proper marking of homes, emergency services find it helpful when
- Numbers and letters are at least four inches tall
- Numbers and letters contrast greatly with their background
- There is a light source clearly illumination address markings at night
Some other things to think about as you inspect your home's markings
- Can they be seen from all directions?
- Is all landscaping and shrubbery around the markings trimmed?
- If the address numbers are on your mailbox, is the mailbox next to your driveway?