Marriage License

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Marriage License

Requirements for Applying for a Marriage License



The fee for a marriage license is $77.00 without premarital counseling or $37.00 with premarital counseling. We accept cash, check or money order payable to Bryan County Probate Court, and debit or credit cards. There is a small convenience fee for debit and credit cards. Marriage License are issued between the hours of 8:15 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday thru Friday excluding Holidays.   


If either of the applicants is a resident of the State of Georgia, the marriage license may be obtained from the Probate Court in any county in the State. It is not required that the license be obtained from the county of the legal residence of either applicant. If neither applicant is a resident of the State of Georgia, the license must be obtained from the Probate Court in the county in which the ceremony is to be performed.

Blood Tests:

As of July 1,2003, premarital blood tests are no longer required under Georgia law.

Proof of Age:

Both applicants must be 18 years of age or older to apply for a marriage license without parental consent. Proof of age (birth certificate, driver's license, baptismal certificate, certificate of birth registration, selective service card, court record, passport, immigration papers, alien papers, citizenship papers, armed forces discharge papers, armed forces identification card, or hospital admission card containing the full name and date of birth) must be presented by every applicant who does not appear to the judge or clerk to be at least 25 years of age. If either applicant is 16 or 17 years of age, a license may be issued only with the written consent of the parent or parents of the underage applicant. No license may be issued if either applicant is under the age of 16. As of July 1, 2006, the pregnancy of a female applicant no longer authorizes the issuance of a license to a 16 or 17 year old without consent.

Proof of Dissolution Of Prior Marriage:

If either applicant has been previously married and the marriage was dissolved by divorce or annulment, a copy of the decree of divorce or annulment must be presented at the time of application. (Applicants who have been married and divorced more than once need only provide a certified copy of the decree dissolving the last previous marriage.)

Getting Married at the Courthouse:

The Judge of the Probate Court does not perform wedding ceremonies.