WEAPONS CARRY PERMIT INFORMATION
Weapons Carry License applications may be made Monday through Friday from 8:30am until 4:15pm, excluding Holidays.
A license for new applicants is $74.75. A renewal is $30.00.
METHODS OF PAYMENT INCLUDE: Cash, Money Order or Check payable to the Bryan County Probate Court, and debit and credit card (small surcharge paid by consumer).
We provide Georgia Weapons Carrying License for the citizens of Bryan County. The requirements to obtain a Georgia Weapons Carry License is:
- An applicant must be 21 years of age and a resident of Bryan County.
- An applicant who is not a citizen of the United States must provide proof that you are an eligible immigrant or non-resident.
- If you are a person prohibited under federal law from receiving a firearms license, a license may not be issued to you.
- No refunds after submitting application.
- The application process involves a criminal record and mental health record check, including fingerprinting. Non citizens must also submit to an Immigrant Alien Inquiry.
- If you have any questions about your legal rights or whether the list and descriptions of Prohibitors apply to you, it is suggested that you consult with an attorney. The Probate Court staff cannot advise you on your legal rights, nor may they determine for you whether a prohibition applies to you or your circumstances.
- It is your responsibility to seek the removal of a prohibition from your record or to provide the Court with a final disposition of a matter in your criminal history. It is your responsibility to obtain and submit necessary proof and verification to the Court.
- Licenses cannot be issued until the necessary reports are received by the court.
- Permits are valid for five (5) years.
- Fee for lost or stolen license is $6.00. **A stolen license must be reported to the appropriate law enforcement agency.
- Applications for renewals may be made 3 months before your permit expires.
- The Court cannot advise you where weapons can be carried. We will provide a copy of the reciprocating states and give you information on websites that may assist you in carry decisions.
- Prior to an application being submitted, Court staff cannot advise you as to whether or not you qualify for a weapons carry permit.
- For a list of state and federal prohibitors to the issuance of a Georgia Weapons Carry License you may click here: Weapons License Prohibitors
Georgia Weapons Carry License Application Instructions
APPLICANTS, INCLUDING RENEWALS, MUST PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING:
- A valid Georgia Driver’s License or State-Issued ID reflecting your Bryan County current address. If a P.O. Box is listed on your driver’s license, you must submit two documents showing your name and physical street address. ( For example a utility bill, lease or voter registration card)
- Applicants born outside of the United States must bring a certified birth certificate or a passport showing the country of birth.
- Naturalized US citizens must provide naturalization certificate and original INS number.
- Military members without a current Georgia Drivers License must bring in a copy of their military orders and one document showing your current Bryan County address.
- If you are a Bryan County Resident and you are within 30 days of your current Bryan County license expiration date, the fee for renewal will be $30.00.
- No refunds are given after application is submitted.