Belvedere Road Land Application System – Division III
- Category:Invitation To Bid
- Start Date:04/25/2019 8:36 AM
- Close Date:05/30/2019 2:00 PM
INVITATION TO BID
- Sealed proposals for Belvedere Road Land Application System – Division III owned by Bryan County Board of Commissioners will be received by Mr. Kirk Croasmun, P.E., County Engineer, in the 2ND floor Commission Meeting Room at the Bryan County Administration Building located at 66 Captain Matthew Freeman, Jr. Drive, Richmond Hill, Georgia until 2:00 P.M. on Thursday, May 30th, 2019 at which time they will be publicly opened.
- Division III of the project consists of the following generally described work:
Construction of an effluent Land Application System (LAS) off Belvedere Road in southeast Bryan County, Georgia. The proposed work consists of connection to the existing 12–inch effluent main previously installed, construction of approximately 2,400 linear feet of effluent force main to the eastern sprayfield. Work will also include installation of 6,000 linear feet of various sizes of spray field piping, 42 spray head assemblies, control valves, and the telemetry systems on the 18–acre site designated as “Division III Eastern Spray Field.” The work shall include all labor, equipment, materials, appurtenances, and incidentals required to complete the project.
- Plans and Specifications are open to inspection at the Bryan County Commissioner’s Office located at 51 North Courthouse Street, Pembroke, Georgia, the Bryan County Office of Planning and Zoning located at 66 Captain Matthew Freeman, Jr. Drive, Suite 201, Richmond Hill, Georgia, and the Dodge Plan Room. Plans and Specifications may be obtained from Thomas & Hutton Engineering Co., 50 Park of Commerce Way, Savannah, Georgia 31405 upon payment of $ 150.00 (plus shipping charges as applicable).The payment is non–refundable. Contact Karen Smulski via phone 912–234–5300, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org to request plans and specifications.
- Bids shall be accompanied by a bid bond or certified cashier's check in an amount not less than 10% of the base bid.All bonds shall be by a surety company licensed in Georgia with an "A" minimum rating of performance and a financial strength of at least five (5) times the contract price as listed in the most current publication of "Best's Key Rating Guide Property Liability".Performance and Payment Bonds, each in an amount equal to 100% of the contract price shall be required of the successful bidder if contract is awarded.Each Bond shall be accompanied by a "Power of Attorney" authorizing the attorney–in–fact to bind the surety and certified to include the date of the bond.
- Owner reserves the right to reject any or all Bids, including without limitation, the rights to reject any or all nonconforming, non-responsive, unbalanced or conditional Bids and to reject the Bid of any Bidder if Owner believes that it would not be in the best interest of the Project to make an award to that Bidder, whether because the Bid is not responsive or the Bidder is unqualified or of doubtful financial ability or fails to meet any other pertinent standard or criteria established by the Owner.
- A Pre–Bid Conference will be held on Wednesday, May 15th, 2019 at 11:00 A.M. in the 2nd floor Commission Meeting Room at the Bryan County Administration Building located at 66 Captain Matthew Freeman, Jr. Drive, Richmond Hill, Georgia.All prospective bidders encouraged to attend.
The Contractor, or any subcontractor, submitting a bid for utility contracting, as defined in O.C.G.A. Section 43–14–2 to a utility system as defined in said section, shall conform to O.C.G.A. Section 43–14–8.2 et seq. with reference to Utility Contractor’s Licenses and shall submit the bid with the license numbers, as issued by the Division of Utility Contractors, affixed on the outside of the bid envelope as provided by O.C.G.A. Section 43–14–8.2(h).Utility contracting means a proposal to perform utility work, the depth of which exceed 5 feet, to a utility system as defined in O.C.G.A. Section 43–14– 2(17).A utility contractor license will be required for this project.
BRYAN COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
END OF INVITATION TO BID