2019 Roads Resurfacing Project
- Category:Invitation To Bid
- Start Date:03/21/2019 9:03 AM
- Close Date:05/02/2019 2:00 PM
Return to full list >>
INVITATION TO BID
2019 ROADS RESURFACING PROJECT
- Sealed bid proposals for the 2019 Roads Resurfacing Project will be publicly opened and read aloud in the Commissioners Meeting Room at the Bryan County Administration Building located at 66 Captain Matthew Freeman Drive, Richmond Hill, Georgia 31324 on Thursday, May 2, 2019 at 2:30 P.M.Prior to the bid opening sealed bids may be delivered to the Planning and Engineering Office located at the above address Monday – Friday during normal business hours from 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
- Bryan County is soliciting bids from experienced and qualified General Contractors who are interested in submitting a proposal and entering into a contract for the resurfacing of several asphalt roadways located within Bryan County and the City of Pembroke.The work consists of the installation of various thicknesses of recycled asphalt concrete 9.5 mm and 12.5 mm Superpave along with in-place milling and reshaping of a fly ash road, the installation of an Open Graded Interlayer Course and/or pavement fabric, striping, pavement markers, etc.All work shall be accomplished in accordance with the latest GDOT road specifications.
- Bid documents may be acquired for a non-refundable fee of fifty dollars ($50.00) at the Planning and Engineering Office in the Bryan County Administration Building located at 66 Captain Matthew Freeman Drive, Suite 201, Richmond Hill, Georgia Monday – Friday during normal business hours from 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
- Bids shall be accompanied by a Bid Bond or certified cashier's check in an amount not less than 10% of the base bid.Performance and Payment Bonds, each in an amount equal to 100% of the contract price shall be required of the successful bidder upon award of the contract.Each Bond shall be accompanied by a "Power of Attorney" authorizing the attorney-in-fact to bind the surety and certified to include the date of the bond.
- Owner reserves the right to reject any or all Bids, including without limitation, the rights to reject any or all nonconforming, nonresponsive, unbalanced or conditional Bids and to reject the Bid of any Bidder if Owner believes that it would not be in the best interest of the County to make an award to that Bidder, whether because the Bid is not responsive or the Bidder is unqualified or of doubtful financial ability or fails to meet any other pertinent standard or criteria established by the Owner.
- It is understood and agreed that the bidder agrees that this bid shall be an option, which is hereby given to the Owner to accept or reject this bid at any time within sixty (60) calendar days from the date on which it is opened and read. It is expressly covenanted and agreed that this proposal is not subject to withdrawal by the bidder during the term of said option. The party submitting the bid is solely responsible for delivering the bid to the exact location and by the time stated.