Belfast Keller/Belfast River Roundabout Project
- Category:Invitation To Bid
- Start Date:12/21/2018 9:54 AM
- Close Date:01/24/2019 2:00 PM
Return to full list >>
INVITATION TO BID
BELFAST KELLER/BELFAST RIVER ROAD ROUNDABOUT PROJECT
- Sealed bid proposals for the Belfast Keller/Belfast River Road Roundabout Project will be publically opened and read aloud in the Commissioners Meeting Room at the Bryan County Administration Building located at 66 Captain Matthew Freeman Drive, Richmond Hill, Georgia 31324 on Thursday, January 24th, 2019 at 2:00 P.M. Prior to the bid opening sealed bids may be delivered to the Planning and Engineering Office located at the above address Monday – Friday during normal business hours from 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. Technical Contact is Brent Davis – email@example.com.
- Bryan County is soliciting bids from experienced and qualified General Contractors who are interested in submitting a proposal and entering into a contract for the construction of a roundabout to be located at the intersection of Belfast Keller Road and Belfast River Road in Bryan County. The work consists of the full reconstruction of the intersection which includes excavation and replacement of the existing roadway, the installation of approximately 3,166 SY of 8 inch GAB, 2,652 tons of recycled asphalt concrete, 2,816 LF of concrete curb, 1,782 SY of concrete sidewalk, 450 SY of 10” stamped colored concrete, 135 SY of 6” stamped colored concrete, 914 SY of 10” thick concrete, 126 LF of 18” RCP, striping and signage, lighting complete, site restoration, erosion control, grassing, etc. All work shall be accomplished in accordance with the Contract Documents, GDOT Road Specifications, and MUTCD Standards.
- Bidding Documents may be obtained on December 19th, 2018, by purchase from Goodwyn, Mills, and Cawood for the sum of $300.00 per paper set at 2547 Lafayette Plaza Drive, Suite E, Albany GA 31707. A compact disk containing these documents in portable document format (.pdf) may be obtained at the same location upon payment of $100.00. Priority overnight shipping with purchase is an additional $ 50.00 per set. There will be no refunds or return of Bidding Documents. All payments for bidding documents shall be cash or check only. Direct the request, with payment, to the office of the Engineer. The purchaser must supply an email address along with a street address of the individual or firm to whom addenda (if any) can be directed.
- Bids shall be accompanied by a Bid Bond or certified cashier's check in an amount not less than 10% of the base bid. Performance and Payment Bonds, each in an amount equal to 100% of the contract price shall be required of the successful bidder upon award of the contract. Each Bond shall be accompanied by a "Power of Attorney" authorizing the attorney-in-fact to bind the surety and certified to include the date of the bond.
- Owner reserves the right to reject any or all Bids, including without limitation, the rights to reject any or all nonconforming, nonresponsive, unbalanced or conditional Bids and to reject the Bid of any Bidder if Owner believes that it would not be in the best interest of the County to make an award to that Bidder, whether because the Bid is not responsive or the Bidder is unqualified or of doubtful financial ability or fails to meet any other pertinent standard or criteria as established.
- It is understood and agreed that the bidder agrees that this bid shall be an option, which is hereby given to the Owner to accept or reject this bid at any time within sixty (60) calendar days from the date on which it is opened and read. It is expressly covenanted and agreed that this proposal is not subject to withdrawal by the bidder during the term of said option. The party submitting the bid is solely responsible for delivering the bid to the exact location and by the time stated.