BCES Building and Addition / Renovation Fire Station #9
- Category:Invitation To Bid
- Start Date:12/11/2018 3:41 PM
- Close Date:12/20/2018 2:00 PM
SECTION A - INVITATION TO BID:
1. Sealed bid proposals for the Bryan County Emergency Service building and Addition / Renovation Fire Station #9 in Bryan County GA will be publically opened and read aloud in the Bryan County, Commissioners Meeting Room at the Bryan County Administration Building located at 66 Captain Matthew Freeman Drive, Richmond Hill, Georgia 31324 at 2:00 P.M. on Thursday, December 20, 2018. Prior to the bid opening sealed bids may be delivered to the Planning and Engineering Office located at the above address Monday – Friday during normal business hours from 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. There will be a mandatory prebid meeting at Fire Station #9, 4494 Belfast Rd. Richmond Hill GA 31324 on December 6th at 2pm. The contractor is encouraged to visit the Bryan County Emergency Service building site before the bid. There is not a street address for the site, it is the north east corner of the round-a-bout on the corner of Captain Matthew Freeman Drive and SR 144.
2. Bryan County is soliciting bids from experienced and qualified General Contractors who are interested in submitting a proposal and entering into a contract for the construction of Bryan County Emergency Service building and Addition / Renovation to Bryan County Fire Station #9. The scope of work at BCES Building includes, but is not limited to; at BCES; 2,500 SF Office suite, 2,500 living quarters, 1,000 SF porches and 5,000 SF apparatus bays. The office suite and living quarters will be stick built and the apparatus bays will be a pre-engineered metal building. The site work will be let under a separate contract. The scope of work at Addition / Renovation Bryan County fire Station #9 includes, but is not limited to, adding a 25’ x 65’ apparatus bay, adding three bedrooms a shower room and bathroom on an existing mezzanine and two set of stairs.
3. Bid documents may be acquired at CDR Reprographics 1200 Brampton Ave. Suite D Statesboro GA 30458 (912) 681-3700 for a fee to be determined. The architect is DPR Architecture, 12 A E. Grady Street Statesboro GA, 30458. (912)764-6288 No refund for returned plans. Forward any questions to the architect.
4. Bids shall be accompanied by a Bid Bond or certified cashier's check in an amount not less than 10% of the base bid. Performance and Payment Bonds, each in an amount equal to 100% of the contract price shall be required of the successful bidder upon award of the contract. Each Bond shall be accompanied by a "Power of Attorney" authorizing the attorney-in-fact to bind the surety and certified to include the date of the bond.
5. Owner reserves the right to reject any or all Bids, including without limitation, the rights to reject any or all nonconforming, non-responsive, unbalanced or conditional Bids and to reject the Bid of any Bidder if Owner believes that it would not be in the best interest of the County to make an award to that Bidder, whether because the Bid is not responsive or the Bidder is unqualified or of doubtful financial ability or fails to meet any other pertinent standard or criteria established by the Owner.
6. It is understood and agreed that the bidder agrees that this bid shall be an option, which is hereby given to the Owner to accept or reject this bid at any time within sixty (60) calendar days from the date on which it is opened and read. It is expressly covenanted and agreed that this proposal is not subject to withdrawal by the bidder during the term of said option. The party submitting the bid is solely responsible for delivering the bid to the exact location and by the time stated.